Friday, July 20, 2018

The Plan Was . . .

I had a plan: summer hits and I nail down a ton of reviews. I'm a teacher by day, so summers will always provide me the time to write that I long for. This is how many teachers do things. The fantastic author Dan Simmons was an author before going full-time author. It seems many authors out there are teachers, and many of them do their writing during the summer. This was a fantastic plan.

Problem is I have had this plan before.

This plan has collapsed before. It sounds good, but then the summer hits and one thing leads to another and I don't write. I like to think I am still trying to accept my role in life (I am going on my fifth year of teaching), You see, when the summer hits and I think "I am going to write!" I am also consumed by guilt that I am thinking of being a little selfish and wasting time doing something frivolous.

So, with my final three weeks I am going to take a shot at writing a bunch. Over the next few days I am going to start writing up short little reports about what I have bought. I will add little bits of information and reviews to these. But I am going to race through a bunch just to try and get us caught up. Trust me, I have not stopped the quest for great vinyl, I have just fallen off the writing.

So keep your eyes peeled! Something will show up by later tonight or early tomorrow for sure.

Rock on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marillion - An Hour Before It's Dark, no review yet

So, I did say that most of the new reviews are going to be stream of consciousness as I listen, and that is mostly true. But, there have to ...